Dr. Seuss's newest book will be available on July 28. Preorders accepted and appreciated. Call 630-469-2891 or email.
July News at The Bookstore
Sidewalk Sale: Get 25%-35% Off Books and More
Shop our Annual Sidewalk Sale at The Bookstore on Thursday, July 23; Friday, July 24; and Saturday, July 25.
We'll have tables and racks of books priced at 25% to 35% off. And we'll have Surprise Deals throughout the three days.
Special sale hours are 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Friday, and 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday.
New Books by Harper Lee and Dr. Seuss
We are excited about two of the most-anticipated books being released this month. "Go Set a Watchman" by Harper Lee will be available July 14, and "What Pet Should I Get" by Dr. Seuss comes out on July 28. Preorder your copies at The Bookstore to be sure you'll have them on the release dates.
Head to the beach (or pool or backyard) with these light reads!
Need even more summer reading suggestions. Click here for 30 Summer Reads.
Get Caught Reading
Our summer reading program is in full swing, and there's still plenty of time to earn a free paperback of your choice. Read or listen to 10 books that are new to you and fill out the official form as you finish each book. Bring the completed form to the store and select an in-stock paperback book for free. All ages of readers are welcome! Children not yet reading on their own may count read-aloud books.
6 Tips for Reading Aloud
Reading aloud is an excellent way to keep children's reading skills fresh throughout the summer. We highly recommend making it part of your summer family fun. It's great for a long road trip or sitting around a campfire. Ask us about some titles that are fun to read for all ages.
- Parents or teens, go first and set an example. Really ham it up while reading aloud by using different character voices. Vary the passages by reading loudly and quietly, quickly and slowly.
- Let older children read to younger ones, being sure to keep picture books in the mix. There's no age limit on enjoying picture books!
- Keeping hands busy can help some listeners: work on a puzzle, doodle, build with blocks or Lego, or even wash and dry dishes.
- Try an after-lunch or mid-afternoon “rest & reading” time with pillows & plush animals spread out on a quilt on the floor.
- Remember to include everyone when picking the books, and take turns.
- For the widest age-range appeal, go with the classics: folk and fairy tales, Aesop’s fables.
What We're Talking About This Month
► July Staff Picks
► July Book Club Picks
► Bookstore Brain Teaser: Receive 20% of your next in-store purchase if you can answer this trivia question:
What book celebrating its 150 anniversary this year is referenced in the movie "The Matrix," the TV show "Lost" and Jefferson Airplane's song "White Rabbit"?
Tons of books discounted 25%-35%. Check our daily specials for even better deals at The Bookstore. The Sidewalk Sale runs from July 23 to July 25.
Harper Lee's newest book will be available on July 14. Preorders accepted and appreciated. Preorders accepted and appreciated. Call 630-469-2891 or email.